Saturday, November 7, 2009

Galliano Island

So I finally got around to uploading my pictures from this past summer. I know its a little late, considering, you know, the time of year and all. But to be completely cliché, better late than never, right?

I wanted to share some of my pictures (hope no one minds!) because though I'm no photographer, I do really enjoy taking pictures and I think they turned out pretty decent.

This one's a tad blurry, but I absolutely love the colors.

How the trees seem nothing more than silhouettes and the water appears pink and purple.

Some branches I thought were pretty wicked.

I spent a really long time trying to get some awesome crashing wave shots.
I rather enjoy the slightly violent nature to this one.
My absolute favorite water picture.
It's small but it seems rather exciting, non?
Cheerful, almost.
And, finally, my piece de resistance.

The trip itself was amazing. There's a definite magic on Galliano Island, specifically at my Uncle's. I wish I felt my abilities as a writer were strong enough to capture it. But I doubt I could get it just right. So I suppose you'll have to forgive me that.
And content yourself with a few snapshots.

[blogger was being really stupid with the formatting of these pictures... it took me like an hour!]
Melissa

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, cool! What camera do you use? I especially like the last picture. Can you say "reach for the sky"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I like the last picture. It looks like the starfish is waving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one of the crashing wave is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cutie! I just wanted to let you know that the 'Year in Yes' 2010 calendar is officially for sale now, if you're still keen! Thanks for making Yes and Yes part of your day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's so pretty.
    It makes me miss the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I know it's been a long time since I looked at this. I miss the island, it was so much fun. Those pictures are sooo good. I do remember being dragged out forever so you could get your perfect angry wave shot. Hahah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for commenting, I read and appreciate every single word.